Senior Full Stack Engineer
Who we are:
Rhetorik is the world’s leading enterprise-level leads and market intelligence company, offering global data, data hygiene and data analytics to some of the world’s biggest enterprises. Based in the Europe and North America, Rhetorik’s multinational data hygiene and enrichment services offer the highest possible standards by combining big data, automated information handling, human curation, and meticulous quality control.
What we need:
A strong technical leader who can take our stable, revenue generating platform and help us bring it to the next level as we scale for growth. We are seeking an individual who wants to own the platform and engineering operations, guide the CTO and Vice-President of Product as we make decisions for the future and help shape the team as we grow.
The platform is built in Java on AWS and makes heavy use of ElasticSearch. The ideal candidate should enjoy finding innovative solutions to challenging problems and have interest and enthusiasm for new technologies. We are a small company so the candidate should thrive in self-managed work environments. Development will include:
- Design and development of software running in a distributed, cloud-based environment.
- Develop robust, scalable, and testable code.
- Development and augmentation of integration services, communicating with external CRM and marketing automation systems.
- Development and augmentation of platform services, including data matching, search, storage, and authentication services.
- Integrate with other platform components (services, databases, message queues, etc.) as required.
Skills we think would be a great fit:
- Excellent software development skills.
- Ability to work independently and self manage deliverables.
- Experience with one or more compiled languages, preferably Java and lightweight frameworks such as Dropwizard, Jersey, Jackson, and JDBI.
- Experience with AWS, including services such as EC2, EBS, S3, SQS, and RDS.
- Experience integrating with CRM and marketing automation systems, such as Salesforce, Marketo, and HubSpot, using REST and SOAP APIs.
- Experience with various relational and non-relational databases, including PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch.
- Able to thrive in a face-paced startup environment.
- 5+ years professional experience.
Additional Considerations for:
- Experience with Linux (preferably Ubuntu) and shell scripting.
- Experience with Python a plus, and other languages such as Go, Scala, Clojure, etc.
- Experience with DevOps tools and principals for monitoring and optimizing on AWS
- Experience with batch processing and job scheduling systems.
- Distributed systems expertise, able to address performance and scalability challenges.
- Bachelors in CS or related field.
In addition to pay we offer employee stock option plan for the right candidate. Interested candidates can submit their resumes to email@example.com