Rhetorik is opening a new Big Data Software Development studio in Quebec City and is looking for a Senior Back End Developer (Python).
This is your chance to make your mark and create software that reflects your highest standards. This position requires someone who is passionate about Big Data and new technologies, a strong problem-solver, and a team collaborator who enjoys continuous learning.
You are the ideal candidate for this position if you are a motivated and energetic solutions architect who likes to take initiatives and find solutions to several challenges, are thorough and take a lot of pride in your work.
- Coordinate and conduct platform requirements identification workshops with the business owner,
- Explain the platform requirements to the development team;
- Lead software architecture definition workshops;
- Define the principles and rules of integration and service-oriented architectures;
- Document high-level requirements in the form of Epic/user stories, including acceptance criteria;
- Establish and define engineering best practices to improve consistency across products architecture,
- Document and communicate technical concepts in a comprehensive manner,
- Develop solutions that are scalable, maintainable, performant and secure,
- Solve difficult problems in an elegant way,
- Participate in code reviews,
- Lead the operational maintenance of the infrastructure,
- Participate and further improve our agile software development processes,
- Balance daily pragmatism with the growth and future vision of the platform,
- Develop a RESTful API to serve data to UIs and third-party integrations,
- Work in close collaboration with our Chief data scientist to prepare and develop machine learning algorithms,
- Ability to accurately set, manage, and meet deadlines,
- Be generous of his knowledge with colleagues,
- Work in an Agile manner.
- Bachelor’s (or Master) degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant industry experience,
- 5+ years of professional web development experience as a senior back end developer or solution architect,
- Hands-on experience with Serverless technologies,
- Hands-on experience working with event-driven or microservices architectures,
- Profound knowledge in a general-purpose programming language, ideally extensive experience in Python,
- Solid understanding of software architecture and software engineering principles,
- Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance,
- Experience writing RESTful API endpoints,
- Experience with unit and end-to-end test frameworks and tools,
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB, etc.),
- Knowledge of web vulnerabilities and experience building secure applications,
- Experience working with ElasticSearch or other search technologies,
- Experience and a good understanding of DevOps tools like Git and AWS ECS,
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Must reside in the province of Quebec to be eligible for tax credits.
Nice to have
- AWS Solutions Architect certification,
- Hands-on experience leading large-scale serverless delivery projects,
- Experience with AWS technologies – Lambda, SQS, API Gateway, Elasticsearch service, DynamoDB, etc.,
- Experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries,
- Ability to work with other programming languages.
Job Type: Full-time
About Us: At Rhetorik, we are passionate about identifying new sales leads for the enterprise technology industry, insights for digital marketing professionals to make them smarter, more informed, and efficient targeting buyers for their products and planning campaigns. Our customers use our online platform to get quick, accurate and validated information on IT technologies used by businesses in the UK and Europe. Our data portal, NetFinder, is growing daily serving household name customers.