Product Manager – Big Data
Here at Rhetorik, we are passionate about finding and implementing cost-effective technological solutions in order to resolve business issues everywhere in the world. Historically, our goal has been to feed vertical markets in the marketing and sales sectors that are growing strongly. Our data portal, NetFinder, is evolving day after day to serve clients by using leading-edge technologies. Today, we are innovating with artificial intelligence and big data to produce data analysis that will shape the industry.
To accomplish this challenging mission, Rhetorik is increasing its development capacities within its teams. We are thus looking for individuals who are imaginative, curious, creative, attentive to details, and are passionate about resolving problems related to data globally for some of the biggest technological companies in the world.
We are looking for a Product Manager who will work jointly with senior management and our technical teams to support the growth of our business.
The role of the Product Manager entails maximizing the commercial value of all of the developers efforts and work.The Product Manager must understand the fundamentals of the market and be able to seize opportunities identified by its sales and implementation teams so he or she can participate in designing and documenting new functionalities. Involved at all levels of our products’ development and cycle, this person has in-depth knowledge of our platform, from its infrastructure core to the client’s portal, and must prioritise the expectations and needs of our clients while ensuring the optimal delivery of our products.
This job is a chance for you to make your mark and create a big data processing platform that reflects the highest standards. This position requires a person who is passionate about big data management and new technologies.
You are the ideal candidate for this position if you enjoy listening to the client, analyzing, understanding and interpreting business needs according to the company’s vision and the means at its disposal. You will be a key player alongside the Chief Data and Analysis Officer (CDAO) collaborating actively with the Data Science and Software Development teams.
- Take charge of the product’s road map and contribute to the progress of the functionalities portfolio;
- Collaborate with the CDAO and the CTO to manage the production launch calendar, including allocating resources, planning deliverables and establishing milestones;
- Work with the major internal and external stakeholders to document, define and organize the requests for new products and functionalities;
- Analyze and understand the market to identify iteration and new product development opportunities;
- Coordinate and run the entire product development cycle;
- Collaborate with the development team during the iteration cycles;
- Clarify the requirements, the test plans, the test case reviews, the documentary controls and functionalities approval;
- Work in an Agile environment within a Scrum framework, and act as the owner of the product;
- Support the product specialist in translating non technical information into a more complex and detailed language that will be communicated to the developers.
Skills and Qualifications
- University diploma in engineering, or computer science or business administration;
- At least 5 years of experience as a business analyst or software product owner;
- At least 3 years of experience in software development within Agile and Waterfall environments;
- In-depth experience of application/platform implementation and cloud computing;
- Project management and product management;
- Experience of UML, particularly of case use interpretation and documentation, category models and sequence diagrams;
- Experience of collaboration with development teams;
- Efficient use of evaluation data to guide the decision making process;
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of test-driven development (TDD);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and in English;
- Great communicator practicing unifying leadership;
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to technical and non technical stakeholders: excellent populizer;
- Strong skills in project management, time management and organizational management.
- Experience of project management, product management or as a Scrum Master;
- PMP Certification;
- Experience in the field of big data;
- Experience in product management related to data analytics.